Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Friday, March 10, 2006

Sandra Day O'Connor - Our Freedoms Threatened

From NPR:

O'Connor Decries Republican Attacks on Courts

Listen to this story

Morning Edition, March 10, 2006 ยท Retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor showed Thursday that she's not absent from judicial issues. During a speech in Washington, she said Republican leaders' attacks on the courts threaten the constitutional freedoms of Americans.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have the White House. They have Congress. They have the Supreme Court. They have the majority of appellate and district court judges.

But they won't be happy until they have an executive who cannot be challenged by either branch of government or by the people.

3/10/2006 9:18 AM

 
Blogger Gingersnapp said...

I think we used to called that a King! I actually wonder if it's not like that already.

3/10/2006 9:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you got something against King George. I wanna know so thats why I asked, would Cheny be a Prince or a Court Jester?

3/10/2006 10:05 AM

 
Blogger Gingersnapp said...

If I told you what I really think he would be called I would have to use nasty words that I don't use but the initials MF come to mind.

3/10/2006 10:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MF is good

3/10/2006 10:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home