Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Don't cha Just Love Old Men who Like to Make Laws about a Woman's Uterus

I just love it when old men want to control a woman's uterus. In South Dakota they have placed a new law on the governors desk that bans all abortions with the only exception being the life of the woman.

In a recent PBS Newhour interview State Senator Bill Napoli stated the grounds he believes would be the exceptions for an allowable abortion when the law takes effect:

“A real-life description to me would be a rape victim, brutally raped, savaged. The girl was a virgin. She was religious. She planned on saving her virginity until she was married. She was brutalized and raped, sodomized as bad as you can possibly make it, and is impregnated. I mean, that girl could be so messed up, physically and psychologically, that carrying that child could very well threaten her life.”

Quite the sad day in America when only brutalized, religious virgins are allowed abortions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Quite the sad day in America when only brutalized, religious virgins are allowed abortions."

Agreed. No one should be allowed to kill their own infant children, under any circumstances, and no matter how those children were concieved.

3/06/2006 1:44 AM

 
Blogger Joanne said...

Sorry about the Korea thing. I was disappointed too. We tried not to tell anyone because I have found that nothing in life is for sure. I have planned many things that have fell through. We're not telling anyone about NY until we get there, but that is a for sure thing. (Well, I thought Korea was too, but oh well)
If Colt likes to travel, then he should still go. Don't let us be the determining factor in his life.

3/06/2006 6:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home