Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Preparing for Disaster

I remember hearing about the New Orleans bowl disaster scenario many years ago. If the worse case happened, the city would become a lake. I have to wonder at the years this city's leaders and this country's leaders, had to come up with a plan to evacuate everyone. It appears to me that no plan was ever in place to help the neediest of that city. If a city has a 30 percent poverty rate with 10 percent of the citizens who are too poor to own transportation, or too old, or too sick, where was the plan to get these people out.

It is not enough to say we are in a mandatory evacuation. That means the rich fly out, the middles drive out, and what about the poor? I don't get it. Thousands were abandoned to fend for themselves. If it is discovered that thousands of poor, black, hispanic, citizens of our rich nation have perished in this disaster this will go down as one more shame on the American elite. If the richest country in the world cannot protect its weakest, that is more than an outrage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Espahan said...

What really makes me sick is the repeated racist news updates showing poor Black people who problably had no way to escape the city, and who most likely have lost everything, wading through polluted waters with nowhere to go, identified as looters.

9/01/2005 1:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home