Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Where Were They During the Anti-War Protests?

10's of 1000s protesters took to the streets on March 19th to protest the Iraqi War, did any MSM source even show any of these protests? Instead we get a small number of nutcake evangelical protesters at the hospice where Terri Schiavo lay trying to die with a little dignity and we get 24/7 coverage. Where is the outrage for the 1500 + killed in Iraq, the 11,000+ horrible injuries?



Wildly overplaying the Schiavo protesters, ignoring facts and giving Bush a free ride, the press was full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

It was fitting that reporters were in danger of outnumbering pro-life supporters outside Terri Schiavo's hospice in Pinellas Park, Fla., on Thursday morning. When one man began to play the trumpet moments after Schiavo's death was announced at 9:50 a.m., a gaggle of cameramen quickly surrounded him, two or three deep.

Has there ever been a set of protesters so small, so out of proportion, so outnumbered by the press, for a story that had supposedly set off a "furious debate" nationwide? That's how Newsweek.com described the Schiavo story this week. Although it's not clear how a country can have a "furious debate" when two-thirds of its citizens agree on the issue or, in the case of some Schiavo poll questions (i.e., Were Congress and President Bush wrong to intervene?), four out of five Americans agree.

....
Clearly, the press went overboard in its around-the-clock coverage of the right-to-die case. But at this point, that type of exploitation is almost to be expected from news organizations, particularly television, desperate for compelling narratives that can be stretched out for days or weeks at a time. And it's not fair to suggest that the Schiavo story was a manufactured one, or that it didn't spark genuine interest. It did......

full story:
A tale told by an idiot

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gingersnapp, after searching page after page about california general contractor I ran across your blog this post which caught my attention because, of the amount of valuable and informative information you have. Unfortunately california general contractor is not exactly what I was looking for, however I enjoyed reading all your information. Thanks for the reading.

11/02/2005 2:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gingersnapp, I was doing some research about california licensed contractor and came across your this post blog. I'm not sure i found everything I needed exactly about california licensed contractor however I still found your information very useful so I thought I would say thanks for the info.

11/02/2005 3:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gingersnapp, Just wanted to say I enjoyed the information you have on your blog this post about california painting contractor. It was not quite exactly what I was looking for although california painting contractor was very useful. Thanks again for the helpful read.

11/04/2005 12:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gingersnapp, I was doing some research about california general contractor and came across your this post blog. I'm not sure i found everything I needed exactly about california general contractor however I still found your information very useful so I thought I would say thanks for the info.

11/06/2005 4:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gingersnapp, great info on your blog this post I was really looking for information in more detail on california state contractor however I still found your read to be quite informative and interesting. Thanks for the useful info.

11/07/2005 12:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gingersnapp, I was doing some research about california state contractor and came across your this post blog. I'm not sure i found everything I needed exactly about california state contractor however I still found your information very useful so I thought I would say thanks for the info.

11/08/2005 10:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home