Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Monday, August 15, 2005

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggidy Jig

I'm back! From vacation for 2 weeks. Went to Huston, Texas, Galveston, San Antonio and other TX towns. Home of GW, President George Bush Turnpike, Tom Delay offices and much more nice republican stuff. I thought I lived in a red state, this state is bright crimson.

Still it was fun and a nice visit with son no. 1 who works for NASA at Johnson Space Center in Huston as an engineer who helped send and bring back Discovery safely.

It was hot as heck and just as my body was getting use to 104 degree heat, we are now back in MO where it is in the 70's and I'm freezing.

It was nice not to think or worry about news, wars, and idiot presidents for 2 whole weeks. But it is nice to return home even when it is back to the same 'ol, same 'ol.





San Jacinto Monument ----------------- Remember the Alamo!





OH NO EVOLUTION!


---------------- Really Big Shells! ----------

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky for you, you forgot to insult my hair and clothing! Glad y'all made it back safely.

8/15/2005 8:16 PM

 
Blogger Gingersnapp said...

You just didn't see my secret blog (ha ha) -- just kidding.

8/16/2005 12:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home