Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Congressman Conyers: "Where is Today's Deep Throat"

I just love this guy, he is one of only a handful of Congress and Senators to stand up and fight back against the secrecy and coruption of this administration:

Today we learned “Deep Throat's" true identity -- W. Mark Felt, the then Deputy Director of the FBI. As one who was a first-hand witness to Watergate, I can only state humbly that this man helped bring our country back from the constitutional brink of an out-of-control White House, and the entire nation owes him a debt of gratitude.

The lessons of Watergate are so telling and important today (see my blog for more) that it is eerie, not to mention depressing:

– Back then we had an aggressive press corps –- at least parts of it -– willing to take a story and run with it, notwithstanding blowback from the White House. Today we have a paid government propaganda machine and a largely compliant press, although we do have a blogosphere attempting to lead –- or shame –- the MSM into dong the right thing.

read the whole post:
Where is Today's Deep Throat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home