Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Friday, June 17, 2005

Boys are Stupid

Book Description
Girls, here it is—everything you need to know about boys: 1. Boys come from the Stupid Factory. 2. Boys are pretty much smelly and useless. 3. It is possible to have fun with boys, however..... 4. If you decide to keep a boyfriend, he will need to be housebroken.

and at the end of the book: remember there is always a rock.

I saw a discussion of this book on Connected on MSNBC. Apparently the author is coming out with a line of clothing and other items that promotes the title. As a mom of 3 boys I don't really think this is very funny. I do not see how this in anyway is going to instill self esteem in girls by telling them to throw rocks at boys. Maybe I am just being humorless here but I know for a fact that girls can get by with murder in school as it is. There were countless incidents with my boys where girls would do something then blame it on some boy and the boy would get into trouble because the teacher always believed the girl over the boy. I think you have to be the parent of all sons to see this too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's because boys are not protected by the equal protection clause of the constitution. we can't be equal. dems would throw a big fat fit if this was a book about girls, but it's ok to throw rocks at boys. just like it's ok to have girl-only schools, but not boys-only schools. or how its ok to take away boy's sports teams so that girls can have an equal number. if the situations were reversed, this country would be in a panic. and it would probably be blamed on republicans, because all republicans are misogynistic.

7/05/2005 9:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home