Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Proud MaMa

Sorry just had to put this in, they ran an article on my son in our local paper today:


Some people reach adulthood and drift into careers. Cooper Snapp remembers the childhood event that cemented his future.

As an elementary student in St. Joseph, he saw the space shuttle. The Enterprise, a test shuttle never equipped for space flight, was being ferried aboard a jetliner to California and stopped over at Kansas City in November 1984.

“I was probably 6 or 7 at the time,” he remembers. “I’ve always been interested in space.”

A couple of decades after that experience, the Benton High School graduate finds himself in the thick of America’s effort to return to space. He works for NASA on the shuttle’s thermal protection system, the part of the craft whose failure caused the destruction of the Columbia in February 2003.

full story:
Benton" grad reaches for the stars at NASA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home