Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Monday, September 15, 2008

Quote of the Day

Sarah knows how to field-dress a moose. I know how to castrate a calf. Neither of those things has anything at all to do with this election. But since we know so much about Sarah’s special skills, I wanted to make sure you knew about mine too.
---Iowa Lt. Gov. Patty Judge (D)---

I think it is really odd that conservatives have this idea in their minds about liberals. Like they don't hunt or fish and are all snobs and elite. Actually that is one of the main reasons I became active in politics, watching Ann Coulter one day on TV telling me that I'm fat and on welfare and have had 10 abortions. It just angered me that the wingnuts throw out that kind of propaganda all the time.

I got my first rifle for Christmas when I was twelve. It was an Ithaca single shot boys rifle. It was the safest rifle on the market for a young person, as you had to load one shell at a time and it had to be cocked to shoot. I've probably shot more rabbits and squirrels than most wingnuts. I never shot a moose but what I shot was because my family was hungry and not for sport.

My Dad would drive our old beat up paneled pickup very slowly down a deserted country road at dusk with me on the hood with my rifle. Rabbits would jump out and the headlights would stop them in their tracks and I would pop them off, jump off the hood pick them up and throw them in the pickup. I found out in later years that hunting like that was really illegal. I'm sure my Dad knew that, but when your family is hungry you will do about anything.

At home my dad hung them by their back feet, then cut off their heads and let them bleed out. He would start the skin coming off and I would finish pulling it the rest of the way. Then came the gutting out. We would either cut them up for frying then or freeze them whole for later use. That was years ago but I think I could still dress a rabbit or squirrel if I had to.

And fishing is probably my favorite thing in the whole world to do. I caught my first fish when I was probably 4 or 5 and found out later my dad had put it on the hook when I wasn't looking. Now I don't get to go as much as I would like because no one else in my family loves it the way I do and I don't like going by myself, that just is no fun for me.

So there you have it a lefty liberal progressive, that knows how to hunt and fish.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home