Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Collateral Damage -- Pakistan

So you are one of those people who think taking out one Al Queda terriorist is worth the cost of 5 Pakistani women and 5 Pakistani children to do it. I guess I don't get it or I'm just too naive or dumb. But what if this scenario happened:

Luis Posada Carriles ( an anti-Castro Cuban émigré who is alleged to have been involved in numerous violent terrorist plots, including hotel bombings and the 1976 bombing of a Cubana Flight 455 in which seventy-three people were killed. He has also been involved in Operation Condor, namely in Orlando Letelier's murder in Washington, D.C., a few weeks before Cubana de Aviación's explosion.) who is currently given asylum in the United States were to be targeted by either Cuba or Venezuela, 5 American children and 5 American women are killed by a targeted bomb to take him out. Would that be OK?

I bet Americans would be outraged. So why does the killing of one Al Queda member in Pakistan make it ok to murder innocent women and children?

Why do Americans think they have this right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many innocent men, women and children were killed by the Allies in WW 2 or 1 or any other wars since wars became global and not set pieces of slaughter on a battle field? How many innocent Germans and Japanese were killed by the policies of their own leaders intent controlling the world? Innocent people have and will always suffer in wars. You say this is wrong. I agree. But what's your alternative? It's easy enough to criticize. Give me your alternative so I can criticize it.

By the way, I don't see many Comments in your Blog. Why do you think that is?

1/19/2006 10:47 AM

 
Blogger Gingersnapp said...

So you are saying it would be alright for Cuba to take out someone who is a terrorist to that country and American collateral damage is just one of "those things that happens?"

I suppose not too many people comment here because I am not famous or a journalist and mostly blog for myself and my kids. I blog to keep my sanity in a world taken over by crazy republicans. My web log is just a diary put out there for me and anyone else who happens to want to read it or not. But it makes me feel good to have an avenue to express myself.

1/20/2006 12:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sad to lose innocent lives, but are you telling me that a house full of people, several of whom were al quaeda operatives, were entirely innocent? Aiding and abetting?

1/22/2006 10:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home