Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Really Scary Storm: RITA

How horrible another cat 5 hurricane, this time zooming in on Texas. My son who works at Johnson Space Center evacuated today. It took him almost 6 hours to go 140 miles north of Huston. He arrived there, thankfully, but can only camp out as all the hotel/motel rooms are already taken from Huston to Kansas City. Hopefully this storm will abate but who knows. If this devastates Huston and Galveston like they are predicting gas prices could soar to 5.00 a gallon. Who will be able to afford to live? Heating prices are predicted to triple and quadruple. What a mess.

We really needed to be spending 200 billion on Iraq when our own country is going down the tubes. I expect China to knock on the White House Door some day soon and say, "OK, give me the keys." We will all be wearing red cresents on our sleeves very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home