Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Monday, August 22, 2005

The Stepford Society

I have just figured something out, conservatives are hell-bent on making us all into stepford people. We will all think alike, dress alike, go to the same church (of course only Christian), carry a gun, and walk lock, stock and barrel inline with whatever our government says, we will all be hetrosexual, preferably white, and if we are women be subserviant to our men, and the same words will come out of our mouths, M-y ~~ g-o-v-e-r-n-m-e-n-t ~~ i-s ~~ a-l-w-a-y-s ~~ p-e-r-f-e-c-t, ~~ a-n-d ~~ I ~~ l-o-v-e ~~ m-y ~~ p-r-e-s-i-d-e-n-t .

I have personally always liked diversity and thought that was the brillance of our government. But it is quite scary anymore when opinions are stifled by those that don't like them. In the case of Cindy Sheehan, be sure and lie and smear to make your opinion the right one.

Well sorry charley, you'll just have to kill me to get me to shut up.

A really funny thing happened today. My sister signed up with Family.com last week and kept sending me emails to come on over and post some pictures. I looked at the site and at the pics she had put there, but really didn't feel that inclined to participate because we had created such a site years ago, invited the whole family to join in and no one ever came.

But last night I thought, ok this is silly go ahead and post some things. I created a folder, "My Funny Kids and posted some pics I had made up of my kids and grandkids for tee-shirts and pins. One was the one of my grand-daughter with the sign that said "When I grow up I want to be a Democrat. Another was the petrosexual magazine with pics of my kids and one with grand-daughter holding a ragdoll with Bush's face which said, "This is my favorite toy, my Mom Mom told me to stick lots of pins in and so on. I thought they were funny and the family would get a kick out of them.

Today I recieve this email:

Gingersnapp,

Not to be mean or anything, But I created my family site, To post family things on, Family pictures, news Not Liberal bull crap, enoughs enough. geez. Save it for your blog, and for someone who cares. PLEASE.........
Gloria

OK, so much for family fun. Hmm, silly me I thought funny pics of my kids were family stuff, geez does this mean you won't get together with me when we all have the tee-shirts on? Sorry, you were the one who asked me to post, it was silly stuff, and I would have laughed just as hard if someone in the family had come back with some republican stuff. But see it doesn't bother me that there are other opinions out there besides mine. Because I actually think that diverisity of thought is what created this wonderful place we live. That's just my opinion though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is funny the one who has used the government for all it is worth, who the right wing nut cases look down on is pissed off but liberal advertising. Thank you FOX news for brain washing yet another person.

8/22/2005 3:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EDIT: pissed off with liberal adverting

8/22/2005 3:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home