Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Friday, August 26, 2005

On Being Obsessed!

part of an email I received from my sister:

"You have gone over board on this. It is ruling your life, Kind of like alcohol did mine for awhile, nothing is good in excess. maybe there is a program out there for out of control democrats, maybe you should check it out, democrats anonymous......"

All I can say to that is thank goodness for obsession if that is what it is (I would call it passion). I have to wonder where we would all be now if everyone sat back and let all those things that are not right with our government go by without obsession (or passion) to try and change that which is wrong in our society. Would we be living under Queen Elizabeth? Would we still have slaves? Would women be voting? Would we still have children in sweat shops? Would handicap people have rights? Would young girls be dying every day from using coat hangers? Would witches still be burned? It took alot of obsessed people to get us to where we are today.

I was too young to march for Civil Rights, I was a "Stepford" teen during Vietnam (my government is always right), and for 26 years my kids were my obsession and then one day when they grew up suddenly I saw what was happening to my world, and I didn't like it. f I am obsessed, so be it, at least I have a vested interest in my world and I'm not going to be quiet about those things that seem very wrong to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust your sister.

9/03/2005 4:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home