Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Thursday, April 21, 2005

"Red State Values" -- Beating Wife (OK) Cock Fighting (BAD)

In South Carolina they took on two issues: cock fighting and domestic abuse to make each a felony rather than a misdemeanor. The cock fighting passed but the domestic abuse didn't and was tabled for the rest of the year. Read the whole story it is unbelievable what one representative says about wife abuse:

.....Rep. Cobb-Hunter says, "The reality is the law says domestic violence regardless, first, second or third offense is a misdemeanor, and what they passed yesterday says cockfighting is a felony.

Rep. Altman spoke about domestic violence, "There ought not to be a second offense. The woman ought to not be around the man. I mean you women want it one way and not another. Women want to punish the men, and I do not understand why women continue to go back around men who abuse them. And I've asked women that and they all tell me the same answer, John Graham you don't understand. And I say you're right, I don't understand......

full story:
Judiciary Committee passes cockfighting bill, tables domestic violence

2 Comments:

Blogger erinberry said...

Wow. Unbelievable.

4/21/2005 7:56 AM

 
Blogger Zube said...

That just makes me sad.

To one blue gal in a red state from another, I dig your blog.

4/21/2005 10:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home