Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Monday, March 28, 2005

Destruction of Babylon

'The U.S.-led destruction on the ancient city is one of the most 'reckless acts of cultural vandalism.'

".....Turning Babylon into a military site was a fatal mistake," the Iraqi culture minister told Iraq Crisis Report. "It has witnessed much destruction and many terrorist attacks since it was occupied by Coalition Forces. We cannot determine the scale of destruction now. As a first step, we have completely closed the sites, before calling in international experts to evaluate the damage done to the [ancient] city and the compensation the ministry should ask Coalition forces to pay. We will run a campaign to save the city."

That campaign is finding allies among a growing network of archeologists outraged by the unnecessary destruction of an irreplaceable site. John Curtis, author of the British Museum's report, has called for an international investigation by archeologists chosen by the Iraqis to survey and record all the damage done.....

full story:
Halliburton Destroys Babylon

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gingersnapp: Interesting blog. I’ll save it in my favorites. I too have a blog about global1. <. Just in case, you’re interested in, global1 check out my site. The company is endorsed by over 350 Pro Athletes. A good site for more information is http://www.globalwon-globalwon.com. Take Care

12/18/2005 9:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gingersnapp: Interesting blog. I’ll save it in my favorites. I too have a blog about lottery. <. Just in case, you’re interested in, lottery check out my site. The company is endorsed by over 350 Pro Athletes. A good site for more information is http://www.globalwon-globalwon.com. Take Care

12/26/2005 9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home