Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Letter to the Editor

I have been watching some of the recent rallies of McCain and Palin in the last week or two. The hate and vitriolic discourse that comes spewing forth from these get-togethers have left me with my mouth open with disbelief at such mindless hostility that just drips from the “base” of the Republican Party.

When one or the other candidate mention Barack Obama, “Kill him” shouts at least two wingnuts, “Off with his head,” from another, “terrorist” is shouted by many. Who are these people? Are they the “Timothy McVeigh or Eric Rudolph” part of the conservative movement? Many may be coming to this conclusion, by the anger that is just oozing out from the mouths of those that sit at these rallies. Fred Phelps must be just reveling in joy at the sight of what is happening with wingnuts right now.

All the hate by the fringe of the “far right” is being consummated by Palin and McCain and when rolled into one ball of thought shows Middle America at long last what the “real” conservative movement stands for. “Hate” is the only conclusion one can come to when observing what is happening at these Republican rallies. When one sees a man bringing a monkey doll with an Obama bumper sticker around its head and insists that this is “Little Hussein,” most of us think ‘how scary is that?”

When Timothy McVeigh bombed the Oklahoma City federal building I thought of him at the time as the fringe element of the far far right. Now it seems he is their base. If I were a Republican at this time in history, I think I would be evaluating what my party stands for and where it seems to be going. It is an embarrassment to the diversity of America and is seriously in a very troubled state.

Gingersnapp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home