Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

4500 New Homeless Yesterday

More than 4,500 refugees were expected to check out of their government-paid hotel rooms yesterday as the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) began cutting off money to pay for their lodging.

Katrina victims evicted

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you think it's about time?

2/08/2006 6:14 PM

 
Blogger Gingersnapp said...

Leilani,
absolutely, but it is curious that FEMA who was supposed to provide trailers and permanent shelter for those who were in hotels and motels seem to have become almost invisible so that these people may now become homeless is what I was wondering about.

2/08/2006 10:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home