Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bad Attitudes

The significant other told me something the other day that made me stop and think. He had noticed a decline in people's happiness. There had been anger at his work, he saw it in stores and everywhere he went, it seemed people are not happy anymore.

I don't get out that much but the one thing that has struck me about this bad atitude thing is that my feedback on ebay and amazon has been the the worst I have ever gotten. In the 9 years I have been selling on ebay I have gotten 16 negatives out of almost 5800 feedback. Before 2005 I had 10. In twelve months of 2005 I recieved 6, almost the amount I had recieved in the other 8 years of selling. It is the same on Amazon. It seems that no matter what I do, I cannot please some of these customers. A package gets lost so I refund -- that gets me a negative. I make a mistake and correct it -- negative.

So I really didn't get it until SO tells me about his observances and it made me think it's all about the mess we are in right now. Our young men and women dying in war. An economy being touted as wonderful that offers nothing for the average joe. Their big 4.9 unemployment rate is such a big joke. RIGHT -- lose a job that pays 20.00 an hour and what choice do you have -- work at Walmart for 7.00 bucks an hour. High gas and heating bills (this month our electric bill was 200.00 and gas was 300.00), increased costs of everything that we all have to have like groceries. What a mess, no wonder no one is happy.

I WANT TO GET OUR HAPPINESS BACK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home