Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Note to "Poor" People who voted Republican

The Senate defeated dueling proposals Monday to raise the $5.15-an-hour minimum wage.



....."I believe that anyone who works 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year should not live in poverty in the richest country in the world," said Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., arguing for the Democratic proposal to increase the minimum wage by $2.10 over the next 26 months......

full story:
Senate Defeats Minimum Wage Increase

1 Comments:

Blogger erinberry said...

That's a real shame.

3/09/2005 11:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home