Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Friday, March 18, 2005

Congress involving itself in Terri Schiavo debate

This is a little strange, now Congress is getting involved with the Terri Schiavo case. I don't think I would want Congress to get into my personal business:


The story in the fight to keep a severely-disabled Florida woman alive took another turn Friday, as the U.S. Congress worked to keep doctors from removing her feeding tube.

Under a court order, Terri Schiavo is due to have her feeding tube removed at 1 p.m. ET today.

Bur hours before the deadline on Friday, a Senate committee issued an official invitation to the brain-damaged woman and her husband, Michael, to appear at a hearing in Washington in 10 days.

That follows an announcement earlier by the House committee that it would issue subpoenas requiring doctors to keep Schiavo alive.

full story:
U.S. Congress fights to keep Schiavo alive


1 Comments:

Blogger erinberry said...

Republicans don't seem to care anything about quality of life; the rule is to keep someone alive at any cost. They preach about "life" then walk out of the picture.

3/19/2005 10:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home