Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Saturday, September 06, 2008

I Love My Little Burg in Missouri

It seems I am constantly fighting with such stupid people who comment on our local wingnut rag newspaper. It is almost unbelievable sometimes what they write. Here is an example from the other night. (I had laid off reading for awhile but went back last night and couldn't resist):

Posted by suzyQ on September 4, 2008 at 11:11 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Dalearch- Did you see the video on Cindy McCain tonight? I had no idea what she was about, I was impressed. I think she will fit the mold of First Lady perfectly with her charitable works and contributions.

Posted by gingersnapp on September 5, 2008 at 1:40 a.m. (Suggest removal)

yea Cindy is Miss Wonderful America. Steal another woman's husband and steal drugs from her own charity at the same time. Miss Model America. What a Joke!!

Posted by MODem on September 5, 2008 at 2:16 a.m. (Suggest removal)

As a Liberal and a Yellow dog Democrat with as much family values as society has dictated me to be (married to the same woman for almost 40 years, 3 adult children contributing to the betterment of our society, each with a college degree). Cindy McCain is an embarrassment to me and all of America. An adulteress, a husband thief and a person who would steal drugs that should have gone to poor children (a charity she started) is about as low as you can go.

Had any of us peons done what she did, we would be spending a good deal of time in prison. But being the child of privilege and the wife of a senator she gets to go to the RNC wearing a $300,000 outfit as a free woman. Seems we live in a society where a repulsive rich brat gets most of the breaks.

Posted by suzyQ on September 5, 2008 at 8:52 a.m. (Suggest removal)

But hey, electing a president with unexplained ties to Illinois corruption and terriosts, shady business dealings, and associating himself with anti-American, marxism friends/beliefs is just what the doctor ordered for a President. I have to agree, that will be a change, however I believe offers little hope.

And maybe Michelle would be proud for the "second time" of her country should she get to be first lady. Talk about an embarrassment.

Posted by momof4 on September 5, 2008 at 9 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Do you want to talk about embarrassment? Check out this document from her days running as governor. What a joke.

http://www.politico.com/static/PPM106_pa...

Posted by azmaggie on September 5, 2008 at 12:59 p.m. (Suggest removal)

You mean Bill Clinton did not embarrasse you?? Then Hillary just swep everything under the rug so he cound help her with her power search. And what about Bidden if obama is shot do you want him as POUS?? He faliled in his bid not he is running for VP?? What a joke. At least Palin will bring NEW BLOOD.

Posted by KAS on September 5, 2008 at 5:28 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Heck, no, Clinton didn't embarrass me. He didn't sleep around on me or with me. Did McCain embarrass you because he slept around on his wife who had been disfigured in a car wreck and "no longer found attractive". What about his affair that resulted in his divorce and subsequent marriage to Cindy less than a month later? You can't have it both ways. The way I look at it is that neither of them slept with me or slept around on me so it probably really isn't any of my business. I haven't heard either of them put down others who have and, until I do, I don't really think it is an issue to me.

Posted by gingersnapp on September 6, 2008 at 1:25 a.m. (Suggest removal)

to azmaggie, and just what is a POUS? No I don't want him to become a persnickety, ornery, uppity snob (sounds like Cindy McCain to me) or a pompous, Oblique, unworldly snit, (Mr. 25% approval rating?)or a perpetual odious unlawful slob (Dick Cheney?) or a pious ominous unbeliever (of) science(Sarah Palin). But as POTUS yes he is more than qualified! But Palin, God help us all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know, I'm actually a little impressed that there were other dems in on that exchange.

9/07/2008 10:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home