Being Liberal and a Progressive in a RED STATE is not an easy thing these days. I started this blog to vent my frustrations on our lives being taken over by right wing conservatives with their propaganda machines. I have also learned an important lesson in the last year, it is that reading is the only way to get real information, you cannot depend on the news you see on TV.

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"....Howard Beale (NETWORK)

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Channel One Trying to Get Your Kid to Die in Iraq!!!!!

Why Go to College, When You Can be Cannon Fodder?

I read this yesterday and asked my son if his school was showing the same ads. His reply was "yes, all the time," plus he said the military recruiters were at his school constantly. I am very angry about this, "Leave my kid alone, we do not believe in this war that our "Emperor in Chief" has created and I don't want my child bombarded by recruiters telling him how wonderful the military is. Thank goodness he is smart enough to know that this war in Iraq is a sham and it is not unAmerican to say so. A "real" war is fighting to defend one's country not fighting to see a purple finger of a voter. Leave my kid alone. He does not fight in illegal pre-emptive wars, that neocon conservatives see as "democratizing" the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home